Well friends, this is my last post. I hope you enjoyed learning more about my new release. It is a fascinating read. This horrific double homicide took place in my home town of Logan, Ohio. I will be awarding two lucky people who comment a paperback copy of any of my books. It’s your choice. So please do comment. I will be here again next month with another great peek at one of my books. Thank you and good night.
One ex-deputy now living fifty miles away from Logan sided with Dale and agreed Sheriff Jones and his deputies were “as crooked as the Hocking River.”
Thirty-three-year-old James Moccabee was tall and muscular, with dishwater-blond hair and brown eyes. In an affidavit conducted by attorneys Duggan and Rogers, the ex-deputy said while serving as Deputy Sheriff under the direction of Sheriff Jim Jones, he found the sheriff in violation of derelictions of duty charges, including:
- Drunkenness in office and leaving his post during shift for personal reasons.
- Excessive use of his firearm.
- Endangering a civilian by way of shooting out vehicle tires of a juvenile driver, causing the vehicle to crash.
- Attempted grand theft auto concerning a reported stolen vehicle.
- Asking subordinates to aid in his political advancement by way of requesting subordinates to survey and report back with information on certain attorneys and city councilmen.
- Theft in office and tampering with evidence by way of using evidence from one case in an unrelated case.
- Neglecting office procedures to ensure community safety, by way of refusal to respond to stranded motorists.