Carina Press Holiday 2019
Happy 2019! Like you, the Carina Press team is only now leaving behind the rush of winter holidays … but publishing works far, far in advance. It’s time to launch our first submission call of the year: Holiday Proposals!
For publication in 2019, we’re looking for contemporary romances set against holidays that fall from October to January. Holidays celebrated by all different faiths, belief systems and cultures are included, and books do not need to be set in the United States.
While we’re still interested in Christmas novels, our aim is to read (and publish) far beyond that.
While this is a call for proposals, completed manuscripts should be planned for a minimum of 50,000 words. While we’re looking for only contemporary romances, we will accept all heat levels. As with all of our submissions calls, we welcome #ownvoices authors and authors writing inclusively, including all LGBTQ+ pairings or poly relationships.
General open proposal call submission link: https://carinapress.submittable.com/submit/75265/holiday-proposal-call-2019
Closing date: February 27, 2019 (all submissions due by 11:59pm Eastern on this date)
Carina Press Adore
Join our new contemporary romance line, launching in 2020, now open for submissions.
Carina Adores, Carina Press’s new trope-driven LGBTQ+ contemporary romance line, takes you around the world with the glamorous, the charming, the gritty, the tough, the possessive and the mysterious protagonists you adore. From sinful to sweethearts to the superrich, these characters will give you their all. Whether it’s stories of royalty falling in love, secret babies, marriage of convenience, friends to lovers, single parents and more, we want to see lesbian, gay, bisexual, asexual spectrum, pansexual, transgender, intersex, aromantic and nonbinary protagonists get their trope-filled happily ever afters.
What we’re looking for:
- Contemporary romance.
- Word count: 50,000–65,000 words (50k is minimum for print format).
- All heat levels (no, really, we mean ALL).
- Definable central trope(s) are a must.
- New twists on tropes and/or fun subversion of beloved tropes.
- Can be stand-alone stories or books that are connected into miniseries. Due to word-count restrictions, we suggest focusing on one central plot while treading lightly with subplots.
- Each book must end in HEA for primary couple or group, in the case of polyamorous romance.
- 1st- or 3rd-person POV.
In addition to being widely available in digital format, all books will be in print and available for sale via online retailer channels such as Harlequin.com, Amazon, B&N.com.
Changeling Press Call For Submissions 2019
We’re currently accepting submissions for Contemporary and Futuristic short fiction — single titles, series, and serials in the following genres and themes:
Genres: Sci-Fi/Futuristic, Dark and Urban Fantasy, Paranormal, BDSM, Action Adventure, and Guilty Pleasures (Adult Contemporary Kink)
Themes: MC Romance, New Adult, Multiple Partners, Bisexual and More, Gay, Interracial, BBW, Cougar (M/F), Silver Fox (M/M), Men and Women in Uniform, Vampires, Werewolves, Elves, Dragons & Magical Creatures, Other Shapeshifters, Magic, Dark Desires (Demons and Horror), and Hentai (Tentacle Monsters)
We’re not going to try to predict trends. We’d do better playing the slots in Atlantic City (Which I hear is going broke.) We’re looking for the one thing that transcends this month’s bestselling genres – you. Experienced authors who know how to design a plot so it looks like mountain peaks rather than flat lines, who understand the basic requirements of the Erotic Romance publishing industry, and who love what they write.
How to submit: Please read and follow our submissions guidelines
We publish women’s Sci-Fi/Futuristic, Dark and Urban Fantasy, Paranormal, Action Adventure, BDSM, and Guilty Pleasures (Contemporary)Erotic Romance. All submissions must be targeted for at least one of these genres and must be Women’s Erotic Romance.
While there should be both highly erotic and romantic elements to the book, relationships and endings should be plot driven. We don’t demand your characters trot off to get married at the end of the book, though we do ask for a HEA(Happy Ever After) or, in the case of serials, a HFN(Happy For Now).
We’ve only got one heat level — over-the-top hot! We can handle anything you send us as long as it meets our guidelines (Content must be legal for an over 21 audience and geared toward a primarily female readership). We do not accept simultaneous submissions (An author should not send the same book to several publishers at the same time). We do accept multiple submissions (An author may send us several books at the same time).
Length: We accept submissions from 12 to 30 thousand words for single titles. Serials from unsigned authors must be submitted as a completed set.
Royalties: On-Site Sales 35% of gross, Off Site Sales 50% of Net. Receive your first check within 60 days of publication. Expect to hear back from us about your submission within two weeks.
What to submit: We accept submissions via email ONLY. If you do not have reliable access to the internet to be able to communicate with us electronically, you do not have the ability to promote your work electronically.
* A short cover letter including your publishing history, if any, a short blurb and plot summary of no more than 500 words, including genres and themes you’re targeting for this book, and whether it’s a single title or a series/serial.
* Your COMPLETE manuscript, as an RTF (Rich Text File) or txt (Text) file attachment. Every word processing program has the ability to save as Rich Text or Text. That’s it. We’re going to reformat your file to suit our own guidelines, so use whatever font you wish. We don’t care. We have a format macro. 🙂
* A brief promotional plan, including links to your website, blog, Facebook, WordPress, journal, etc., and chat sites where you plan to promote, should we accept your work for publication. An author’s ability to promote is critical to the success of any book’s sales. You will also be expected to promote your book through active participation in the Changeling Readers’ loop, the Changeling Insider, The Cheeky Changeling (our online E-Zine), The Changeling Blog, our Facebook page, Weekly Flash Fiction Challenges, and other regularly-scheduled promotions.
Please Note: We’re fanatics about quality. From editors, proofreaders, and line editors to artists and marketing staff, our team of dedicated professionals is here for your support.
What we’re not looking for: We’re not interested in reprint anyone’s complete backlist. Books that have been out a while have generally found their target audience. We do not accept books that have already been published independently at Amazon for re-release.