Since it’s Valentine’s Day, I thought I’d focus on my favorite seven love songs. Some of these might not be your idea of love songs, but they’re mine. Add yours in the comments. Grin. I’m always interested in new tunes.
In no particular order…
7. Moonlight Serenade by the Glenn Miller Orchestra – https://youtu.be/8TB_8H23EDI – it’s smooth, beautiful and reminds me of dancing in the dark.
6. Dream a Little Dream of Me by Mama Cass – https://youtu.be/wahujVWNy_c – I’ve always been a sucker for this song. I love Mama Cass and her heartfelt rendition always breaks my heart just a little.
5. Lovesong by the Cure – https://youtu.be/hXCKLJGLENs – It’s the Cure. It’s heartfelt and I love it.
4. In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel – https://youtu.be/kU8OJAOMbPg – I think of John Cusack every time. I kind of want to have a guy blasting this on his boom box, but then I second guess.
3. Gary Allan – Smoke Rings in the Dark – https://youtu.be/lYdXesvlGyU – this song introduced me to Gary Allan. He’s handsome and the way he sings this song about love gone wrong…I don’t know. It’s just my kind of love song.
2. Gary Allan – Putting My Misery On Display – https://youtu.be/lNfD23Lr0zY – I think it’s the guitar portion at the end. It’s not a traditional lovey-dovey kind of song, but IMHO it’s darn sexy.
1. In the Midnight Hour by Wilson Pickett – https://youtu.be/5KFYUJ63nk8 – it’s the sax in the middle. There’s just something about it. Shivers.
Okay I could probably have a whole second list. Shrugs. I also listened to every one of these on youtube while looking for the links. I couldn’t NOT listen to them. I’m waiting for your suggestions. I need more tunes for my playlists!! And Go!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
My latest Valentine story comes out this month from MLR Press! Check out His Valentine, part of the Picture This series.
Brandon Kidd thought he’d overcome his demons. He thought he’d conquered his addiction to booze and his need to be promiscuous. He thought he’d left his depression behind. Why? He met and started dating Aydin, the man who stoked his muse. But the depression and his insecurity have come back, and he’s also got to pass his annual review for his fine arts program. He’s got to get through the grueling review, open up to Aydin and have the Valentine’s Day he deserves?
Aydin loves Brandon. He sees the changes in his boyfriend and wants to help, but how do you help when you don’t know the problem exactly? To compound the problem, Brandon’s brother, Benson, has started causing trouble. Benson doesn’t want his brother to be gay, let alone in a relationship. Aydin found the strength to admit he wanted to be with Brandon. Aydin’s come into his own. Will he be enough for Brandon or will the crushing outside influence be too much to overcome?
They’ve come together for Valentine’s Day, but can the romance last?
Look for it from MLR Press: https://www.mlrbooks.com/upcoming.php
~ ~ ~ ~
Megan Slayer – It’s Always Fun to Squirm