Register for WDU’s Romance Writing Virtual Conference in February
2/16/2024 – 2/18/2024 – Romance Writing Virtual Conference
Writer’s Digest University is pleased to present a one-of-a-kind online event for romance writers! On February 16-18, 2024, our WDU Romance Writing Virtual Conference will provide expert insights from SEVEN award-winning and bestselling authors on the finer points of how to write within the romance genre. Spend the day learning techniques for honing your craft from seven different published authors*, then (if you choose) pitch your novel via query letter to a literary agent specifically looking for material in the romance genre. The agent will provide you with a personalized critique of your query – and maybe ask to see more.
Experience the education, camaraderie, and opportunities provided by a live writing conference without ever having to leave your home!
All participants will benefit from:
- SEVEN all-new, one-hour webinar presentations provided by award-winning and bestselling romance authors*, all examining different aspects of writing novels in this genre. Each session will include an opportunity for live Q&A with the authors!
- A critique (with written feedback) of your query letter from an agent with experience in the romance genre.
- A bonus 90-minute OnDemand webinar covering how to write a query letter so you’re prepared when pitching your novel to agents. (A $79.99 value!)
- The ability to network with fellow romance writers via discussion boards that will be open throughout the day. Share ideas, and even your work if you choose.
- Unlimited OnDemand viewing! All conference sessions will be made available for download in the week following the live presentations. Even if you can’t attend every session live, you will be able to view each lecture on your own whenever you choose.
Learn Valuable Techniques to Hone Your Craft
*Our craft-focused conference schedule is designed to provide the kind of education that all romance writers can use to take their work to the next level. Click on the “Conference Schedule” tab for the complete details on our lineup.
- Self-Love in Romance: How to Create Compelling Character Journeys That Lead to Even More Satisfying Happily-Ever-Afters (HEA) by Sonya Lalli
In this session, author Sonya Lalli will teach you how to create compelling character journeys that lead to even more satisfying happily-ever-afters.
- Drafting Strategies for Rom-Coms by Livy Hart
In “Drafting Strategies for RomComs”, writers will explore processes for outlining, executing, and finessing a draft.
- Writing Historical Romance Without Being a Historian by Donna Hill
In this session, Donna will share with you her secret method of moving from more than three decades of writing contemporary romance and women’s fiction to an award-winning historical novelist with starred reviews from Publishers Weekly and Kirkus Reviews, included in PW’s Best Books of 2023, and a movie option.
- Spice in Romantic Fiction to Increase Emotional Connection by Harper St. George
Whether you write open- or closed-door romances, learn various techniques to sprinkle in the spice and heighten the emotional tension that will propel your protagonists to a satisfying HEA.
- Sonali Dev
- And more!
Query Your Romance Novel to a Literary Agent
Join us for the live event and get written feedback on your query letter from a literary agent who works with romance authors.